Amuka Safari Lodge
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the rates reflected on the price lists are in US$ and INCLUSIVE of 18% VAT.
- The Package Rates are per person sharing; there will be an additional 15% added for single occupation.
- Lunch can be ordered additionally.
Cancellation and "no-show" Policy
Confirmed bookings that are cancelled, reduced in length of stay or reduced in numbers are subject to cancellation and 'no show' fees at the discretion of Amuka Lodge Ltd. under the following terms:
- 35-20 days prior to arrival 30% cancellation fee will be charged
- 19-10 days prior to arrival 50% cancellation fee will be charged
- 9-2 days prior to arrival 75% cancellation fee will be charged
- 48 hours or less prior to arrival 100% cancellation fee will be charged
The following are the activities that can be done on Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary:
- Rhino Tracking
- Shoebill Canoe Safari
- Guided Birding Hikes
- Guided Nature Walks
- Guided Night Walks
Amuka Lodge management can assist in the arrangement and booking of all activities.
The rates on the price lists include the following:
- Meals plan as booked (Half Board or Full Board),
- Local Government Taxes,
- Use of all lodge facilities.
The rates on the price lists do not include the following:
- Lunch (if booked under Half Board meal plan),
- Drinks (one bottle of 500ml still water per person provided in rooms),
- Any additional restaurant orders,
- Personal laundry,
- Any additional activities,
Child Policy (4 – 12 years)
Children 4 years and below sharing with an adult are accommodated free of charge. Children above the age of 12 years will be considered as adults and pay full rate. Children between 5 years and 12 years old sharing with an adult will be charged as per the listed rates.
Drivers and tour guides will be accommodated in one of Amuka Lodge’s Support Staff rooms free of charge. There will be no additional charge for any driver or tour guide meals, accommodation or activities.
Tour Leaders Accommodation
Our Tour leader accommodation is the same as our guest accommodation. The rate is 30% of the Tour Operator Rate.
All reservations and bookings will be confirmed upon issuance of an official Amuka Lodge Invoice. For bookings larger than 8 individuals will be required to pay 30% deposit of the total due payment. The balance is due no later than 14 days prior to the booked dates, unless agreed differently with management of Amuka Lodge.
All bookings made within 21 days of arrival must be fully paid at the time of confirmation. If payment is not received in accordance with the above, Amuka Lodge Ltd. has the right to cancel the booking.
Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash deposit. Bank particulars will be made available upon request.
Loss or Damage to Property and Personal Injury
Amuka Lodge Ltd. accepts the Liability of an Innkeeper at common Law as modified by the Hotels Act CAP94, Laws of Uganda, in respect of any property of a visitor that is lost or damaged on our premises. Valuables can be stored in a lockable safe upon request. Amuka Lodge Ltd. has no Liability for personal injury whether by the willful or negligent acts of its servants or agents(whether fatal or otherwise) suffered by a visitor at the Camp or on any activity (walking, driving, etc.). In particular, but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing condition, visitors are aware and accept the risk of loss or damage of property or personal injury.
All additional can be paid in cash at Amuka Lodge as well as via credit card at the Rhino Fund Uganda reception.
Banking details will be shown on invoices issued. Card facilities are available for payment with a 4% extra bank charge on the entire outstanding number.